high rise locks of flats ...

Indeed.

And I have been reading (Adam Henson, A Farmer and His Dog) about hearing dogs for the deaf. They are trained to recognise fire alarms, and it would be much easier for them if there was one standard fire alarm tone.

Such things are mandated in some countries but not here.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I caused the fire alarm to go off in our block by empting a vacuum bag into the communal bins (the dust set it off)

the alarms in the whole block went off

everyone ignored them

tim

Reply to
tim...

And that attitude is why cheap badly fitting replacements were used. After all council tenants are only scum, and deserve to die in a fire.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very true. But don't let's stop the right wing having their fun blaming it all on the tenants.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

With dry risers and sprinklers the need to take heavy hoses would be reduced.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

well...having had to deal with them over the years that is not far from the truth ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Set, thank you.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

many are ok but some really make up for it.

Reply to
tabbypurr

it was the scumbags that were unemployed and loved a crusade to get involved with....they were like a dog with a bone...nothing better to do ....and you were not allowed to tell them to f*ck off and get a life...oh no...you had to reply to their every enquiry ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

But it is not allowed in Wales:

"The Welsh Government has amended Approved Document B volumes 1 and 2, with new regulations and guidance to be implemented on 1st January 2016.

The amendments to the documents arise from the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Regulations, resulting in a new Section 7A ?Automatic Fire Suppression Systems? in the Building Regulations 2010 Statutory Instrument. Section 7A introduces regulations 37A and 37B, requiring all new ?domestic premises? to have a fire suppression system installed.

A fire suppression system is defined as an automatic system that controls and extinguishes fires without human intervention. Typically these are sprinkler systems, although other types are available."

Reply to
polygonum_on_google