Hi-Fi to PC

I do! It's the built-in computer that's proving tricky at the moment - too much lost sleep. ;-(

Reply to
Qercus editor

My thanks to everyone who has responded, I didn't realise that it would develop into such a broad discussion!

Thanks anyway, it is clear that there are as many options as queries so I will consider carefully before leaping into the fray with the transfer.

Regards Peter.

Reply to
petercharlesfagg

If you're picking up a new OS anyway when you go to a PC, at least go for Linux or BSD - there's no point paying the MS tax except for compatability with others, and I guess you're not too worried about that!

Reply to
Chris Hodges

My RPC has a PC card - only a 586 - and I have IE 5.5 on Win 95. This gets me in to those sites with recent versions of Java, Javascript and Flash etc that the RISC OS browsers simply don't have. Of course it won't do WMP etc because it's too slow.

I'll probably keep the RPC - if it still works - for the wonderful Draw prog which I understand for all types of technical drawing including PCB stuff. And for the WP progs, etc, which I'm used to. But in the real world if you want the latest gismos in sound, vision and browsing it has to be a PC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I still run the business on the RPC network and wouldn't have it any other way. As I couldn't find a laptop, I bought a Centrino PC and have Virtual RPC on that. It is excellent for the job, the only problem I have is that it will not display graphics from !Impression Publisher. Not a big problem as I do jobsheets etc on a real one.

Performance of Virtual RPC is little different to the real machine.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

That's usenet for you - just count yourself lucky that you got your questions answered before it went off on a tangent :)

Reply to
Richard Conway