Help with connecting taps please

Hi, My new bathroom taps have arrived, complete with flexible connectors. I'd like the supply to come through the wall. What I'm looking for is a chrome wall outlet (possibly with isolator?) that I can connect the flexible pipe to. I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing, but I can't remember where! Any help much appreciated TIA Martin

(remove theobvious to reply)

Reply to
Martin Thompson

I used chrome ball valves which were compression on one side. That side is tight against the wall onto the copper pipe which now cannot be seen because I tiled afterwards. The other side of the ball valve connects to the flexi tap connector using the usual fibre washer. I noticed that something similar is often seen in europe but their's is a lot neater. Don't ask why I look under foreign basins! its rather a strange habit of mine.

Reply to
BillR

Do the flexy pipes have a compression fitting on one end and a tap connector on the other ? If they are, then you could just poke the end of the copper pipe through the wall and fix the flexy on it. Fitting isolator valves can be done on the main feeds to the hot and cold.

Reply to
BigWallop

The flexy pipes have long thin brass pipes (tails?) on one end to connect to the tap and tap connectors (1/2" BSP?) on the other. I have seen chrome adapters/couplers for 1/2"BSP to 15mm compression, but I'm looking for something with a chrome ring/flange to cover the rough edges of the hole I'm going to have to make in the tiles. As you say, the isolating can easily be done on the other side of the wall (easily accessible area)

As BillR said, this is very common on the continent and I'm surprised how difficult it is to find something similar here.

Thanks for your help

Martin

"BigWallop" wrote

Reply to
Martin Thompson

Ah, what I did was drill 16mm hole in tiles and wall after tiling then poked

15mm copper pipe through and clamped the chrome ball valve to it. These ball valves were only cheap B&Q ones, if the comp nut and olive are removed they fitted the 1/2" tap connector end of the flexy. Of course, it needs a 1/2" fibre tap washer here. The result is ok but not as small as I would like. In my case they are behind a pedastal anyway. 90 degree ball valves may be neater.
Reply to
BillR