Heatproof sheet

I'm making a support for an oven. The oven weighs about 50kg, and the outside gets fairly hot when it is in use (too hot to touch - probably about 60C). It's fairly large - 950x750mm.

I've been planning to make this out of 2x4 PSE, but given how hot the oven gets I think I need a layer of some kind of insulating material too. Any suggestions?

Steve Early

Reply to
Stephen Early

if looks are not an issue, multiboard/masterboard is the way to go.

If looks are, try a granite or slate slab..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

probably

Any of the fibre reinforced cement asbestolux replacement boards - or even a sheet of the stuff sold to tile on in wet areas by the likes of Wickes

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Suppose it depends what you mean by an oven. Most have insulation in the sides and bottom anyway. Only the front tends to get a bit hot usually. Course if it's coal or wood fired, things might be different...

Spamlet

When you put the outside in contact with solid material, your 60C will rise significantly.

NT

Reply to
Tabby