Heat pumps - ThisIsMoney

Those photos become valuable evidence in court, which will ask experts to prove if they are genuine.

I'm amazed you had to make that comment. Have you ever heard of EXIF and GPS ???. Those (digital) photos can *easily* be linked to a specific property, and no other property. The truth is all held in the metadata.

Reply to
Andrew

Bollocks. No land has been lost - look it up The sea has been rising at a constant rate for the last 5000 years. It is not rising any faster and coral atolls are well able to keep pace with it.

I have been there, and they flood today because the drainage channels are not dredged

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The *rivers* were dredged after the 2013/14 flooding and there was serious flooding again last december which closed some roads.

Keep up at the back.

Reply to
Andrew

It is trivial to spoof the metadata.

Reply to
Fredxx

The houses here, built in the mid-1930s, all have (or had) bedroom fireplaces.

Reply to
SteveW

By the way, it's not true to say that Sizewell B can power all of East Anglia.

Total East region consumption 2021: 24963 GWh [1]

Sizewell B generation 1.198 GW [2]

Assuming Sizewell runs at full power 24/7/365, total output 10494 GWh.

So it powers at most 42% of East's annual consumption, and in reality less due to downtime and refuelling.

Of course, there may be times where demand is low enough that the 1.2GW can cover it all. But on average it will fall a long way short.

Theo

[1]
Theo

You are wrong about that in both cases.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope And most of it doesnt come from fossil fuels and hasnt done for a long time now.

That's wrong too with stupid boilers.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bullshit.

Nope, there is a lot more involved than that.

But we aren't discussing that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Well It certainly is enough for Suffolk, where I live. I am 100% Net Zero. So there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So dredge the drains as well,. like they do on the anglian fens. WE dont get floods except in well defined places under human control

Keep up at the back.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are no parts of NZ where they run sheep which can't have a housing estate built there.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Lots more mostly women quite literally took to their beds for the rest of their 'lives' and far more had servants and coal a coal hole. The use of coal in the house for the bedroom fireplaces got banned and replaced by town gas.

That came later.

That came much later again.

No, later than that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No 'expert' can know if its actually the particular house in dispute.

Bullshit with an estate.

Reply to
Rod Speed

A fact that has passed by the Insulate Britain fanatics. Even my Mum, who lives in cloud cookoo land most of the time, has double glazing and roof insulation. No cavity insulation as her 18-inch walls don't have any cavities, and being 18 inches thick provide sufficient insulation themselves.

The biggest impact on thermal efficienciy is the insane modern fad to rip out all the internal walls, meaning you have to heat the entire house all at once just to heat any bit of it.

Reply to
Jonathan Harston

How will they keep just one room warm when they've knocked out all the internal walls in their obsession to have wide open vistas indoors?

Reply to
Jonathan Harston

My 1907 house had both bedroom fireplaces and pipes in the wall for gas lighting.

Reply to
alan_m

Many houses (estates) were build without internal walls (the ones often ripped out in older properties) but what is worse is the open staircase in the same room that allows much of the heat to go up to the upstairs hallway. In many older properties where downstairs two rooms have been knocked into one the stairs are in a downstairs hallway separated from the knocked through rooms by doors.

Reply to
alan_m

Ah, so you have to make sure you get your survey done in the winter?

Because if the heating isn't on there will be no hot spots.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I somehow doubt that if made of stone/brick and uninsulated. I think you'll find they're the single largest cause of heat loss.

If properly insulated and ventilated, knocking 2 rooms into one isn't a big deal.

Reply to
RJH