Hard wired night light

On 16/02/2016 13:00, Martin Bonner wrote:

Or an LED night lite designed to fit a shaver socket.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

It seems increasingly common for shaver chargers in the UK to be of the continental plug variety which is a rattling good fit in UK 2 pin socket adaptors (and tends to fall out). The dual fit ones tend to have slightly flexible plastic pins with conductor only at the ends.

There is some slight difference in spacing/diameter but in practice they always seemed to work for me OK in Belgian household sockets.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
On 16/02/2016 13:00, Martin Bonner wrote:

Hm. Had a look in my box. A few photos:
Photo1: Two Euro plugs + a shaver socket.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9473686/20160216_203200.jpg
Photo2: Euro plug into shaver socket. This is a tight, but not forced fit. The other plugs I have are the same.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9473686/20160216_203231.jpg
Both plugs in the first photo are Samsung branded and have a slight (but noticeable) inward lean. I have others than are not, and do not, but which fit just as well.
Bob
PS: Clearly the socket has no power ;)

Obviously in a bathroom it's going to need specially run in wiring,unless it would be ok close to a central light which is loop in. Or a permanently live shaver socket etc you can pick up from.
I'd just find a fitting you like and use a low wattage LED. Plenty of those around - it's getting decent power ones that is more difficult.
Obviously, a daylight sensor would make some sense too. Or even better a motion sensor.
--
*Don't byte off more than you can view *

We've got a light, a GU10 low-energy, in the hallway. It's controlled by a light-switch purchased from I-forget-who. Point is it's 4W of low-energy (not LED) light that comes off at dusk, more or less, and goes off a dawn. Since the hallway lights are usually on, it stays off in the evening too. The sparks put in it, with two switches, so we could have:
1) All off 2) Light on permanently 3) Light on and controlled by the light switch (normal setting)
--
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without
evidence."