Hard skin

In message , Andy Bennet writes

I think the problem is that so few of us have a bath and soak our feet like we once did. Almost everyone has a shower at least once a day, which is great for quickly getting clean, but doesn't give hard skin a chance to soak, and get soft.

The best solution is a week by the sea, walking on the sand, through the surf. Combination of the salt water softening the skin and sand grinding away at the hard bits does the business.

So, book yourself a week or two at Clacton :-)

Reply to
Graeme

It may be great for rinsing off sweat but it's pretty useless for getting clean IMHO. I tend to get quite dirty working outside maintaining fences etc. and my feet in particular get grubby. There's no way I could clean them in the shower, especially now it's getting a bit harder to reach them! :-)

Sand and Clacton don't really go together!

Reply to
Chris Green

Yes, I have to balance very carefully on one leg to wash my feet, and between the toes! I should put a handle or something on the wall, but that is too 'old man'.

Oh OK, pop along to coast to Walton then :-)

Reply to
Graeme

You'll need it one day so you might as well install it now, while you can. (I have). I also have a "loofah" thingy for the more inaccesible bits.

Reply to
Huge

At least you can get a curvy chrome one, rather than an NHS beige one ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

A straight chrome one, in our case.

Reply to
Huge

You might have athletes foot. A fungal infection. The chemist has cream that will fix it. You will need powder for all your shoes and a hot wash for all socks and sheets etc.to stop re-infection

harry

That usually causes soft skin. Very soft!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Initially, possibly, and usually between the toes.

Then it hardens and cracks, which is when it becomes painful.

Anybody experiencing athletes foot should have their blood sugar levels checked as the fungus feeds on excess sugar exuded through the skin and can be an early indicator of Type II Diabetes.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Footner Exfoliating Socks

Available from Boots or Amazon

Amazing results. Truly effective.

Look them up on Youtube. A bit disgusting for about a week but after that feet as soft as a baby'sbum

The rotating head on the Boots thing is utterly useless. Should have known better as it is battery operated.

I have attended many Podiatrists and all had various suggestions. Mostly revolved around varius creams etc. All a pita to use. Nothing was truly effective till I tried the Footner

I also use this

after the Footner. Mostly because it is easy to apply.

I think a regular change of shoes helps also/

Reply to
fred

and a late indicator of smelly feet ;-)

A friend of mine was told to get some Potassium permanganate from the chemist, but it seemed very expensive, oddly enough I remmebered I had a jar under the sink.

Reply to
whisky-dave