Gypframe false ceiling

Hi We are thinking about using the GypLiner system with acoustic wool and soundbloc boards to create a false ceiling in our flat, both to cover pipework and new electrics and to provide sound insulation.

Problem is, whilst the stuff looks pretty easy to put up, the manufacturers are unwilling to say what would be a good distance between each of the supporting lengths of track, and what would be a suitable distance between each of the brackets used to hold up those lengths of track. Through suppliers they gave us an estimate of the quantity of materials we would need (which for some reason they wouldnt do with us directly), but they ask us to check that the quantities they suggest would be suitable .....which we cant do if we dont know distances between the supporting brackets and lengths of track! They told us to ask our builder. Since we are 'our builder' I thought I would ask you guys if you dont mind!

The existing ceiling is concrete, and according to their website we would use the GL1 lining channel, GL2 brackets, GL8 track and GL11 Gypliner Anchors. We have decided against using wooden lengths to support the plasterboard/soundboard since we need a clear space of at least 60mm, and the wood is too difficult to put up by one person working alone! Thanks in advance :) Mara

Reply to
Mara