Guttering and Water Butts

Hi,

I have downpipes from my guttering and would like to collect the rainwater in water butts, but the downpipes are not in covenant places to position a water butt.

I have thought about running pipes from the downpipes to the water butts, but I am unsure how to control the flow.

If we had a lot of rain then the water butt would simply overflow unless I could shut the flow off with a tap or something.

Does anyone know any good sources of plastic pipework with taps suitable for this sort of job?

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Paul

We have standard guttering and downpipes going into out butts. The butts all have overflows to soakaways. If you shut off the flow to the butts then that water would still have to go to the drains somehow thus complicating your guttering and downpipes, much easier just to let the butt act as an intermediary.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Blackburn