Gulfstream 2000 & KInetico 2020

Folks,

I was all set to go and buy a Kinetico water softener, and the guy at the stockists said I should check my boiler supports softened water???

This was news to me - I figured from a boiling perspective, water was water?

Anyway, if anyone can advise on this, please do! Also, how do I tell if I need standard / high flow version of the 2020?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Renster

Not soft water per se, but a softener reduces the flow and pressure slightly which could end up operating a combi boiler with insufficient water flow. The Kinetico is a good choice (but outrageously expensive choice) with a combi as it allows uninterrupted soft water flow as it recharges one cylinder whilst the other is in use. There are other hundred of £'s cheaper dual cylinder choices available for use with combi's.

Reply to
Ian_m

Thanks Ian....

The Kinetico is indeed a touch on the pricey side! But I do like it on the grounds it only regenerates when necessary (rather than timer) and also needs no electricity supply.... just "plumb and play", to coin a new phrase....

Unless you can particularly recommend another brand / model?

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Renster

The Kinetico is a good product. I just wish they were not sold on such a pyramid basis. There are plenty of other makes out there. You are right to insist on a metered version. Metering is essential.

However, finding a cheap metered twin cylinder model (that allows continuous use) has always eluded me. There are plenty of other models, such as those based on the Autotrol valve, but these generally stop working during regeneration. Some metered systems are able to regenerate at night if they think it will run out during the next day, which is a good compromise.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle