Gritish Bas on the make?

MBQ,

"What's to understand? BG specified exactly what was required...."

Could well be that the BG engineer was wrong!

He was when one tried that little 'trick' on me a few years ago, on a two year old wall mounted Baxi Solo fitted into a cupboard (bought from BG and fitted by their installers) with a balanced flue and no wall vents in the room - and also telling me that he was condemning the boiler anyway as it shouldn't have been in a cupboard (despite a bloody great notice [still there] that was stuck on the boiler casing saying the contrary).

BTW, this boiler choice and installation was as discussed and agreed with the rep who called to give me a quote to replace a rather dead Potterton Neat-a-Heat - as I wanted a direct replacement in the same location and no bloody great holes through the wall.

A very short discussion with the 'engineer' (newly employed by BG at the time and on a sales commission) - along with the reading of the boiler spec's soon put him right - and no problems since (even with different engineers).

He just tried it on with the wrong person - and after I had just done a straight 24 hour stint with no sleep on my normal day shift and about six overnight emergency call-outs - boy was I grumpier than usual.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Never plugged any pipes.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Ah, if only it were true that I gave off that air of competence!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Yes, definitely ;-)

BTW I think I replied to your other post on compartment ventilation.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I must check what the category that an installation with 90% of the required ventilation fall into.

It might be "Not to current standards" which means that it ideally should be upgraded but is not deemed as unsafe or becoming so.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Well d Terminal guards shall be used where necessary to prevent blockage and/or injury to people, as required by the relevant building regulations.

And that is ALL it says on the subject.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thought I had something more recent from GI, but TB155 says that from 1st June 2008 (I was out by a month :-() anything under 90% is AR. Presumably

90-100% is NCS.
Reply to
John Stumbles

Yes, I remembered that the standards have been upped but not the figures. Certainly this show who is on the fiddle, and alas, the amount of serious technical knowledge required to bring them back to earth.

Reply to
Ed Sirett