Greedy Braun

Well, as a follow up to this, I have just ordered something that, quite by chance, turns out to be shipped from the US

a small connector, 6 pounds 40 including shipping (that was the best price that I could find)

I have a DHL tracing number to follow which has so far been to 6 different US locations (though they are probably simply different departments in the same building)

so I don't know where 40 dollars shipping can come from

tim

Reply to
tim...

En el artículo , tim... escribió:

It's Braun adding their own markup on shipping (what we call P&P here).

Gillette marketing - give the razor \away for free, make loads of profit on the blades.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

For some reason, the US postal system doesn't seem to be trusted by US firms. Where you'd happily just pop something in the post here, they seem to want to use couriers or whatever. Even when not making a profit from P&P.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could be it's still in the stone age. It seemed to work well enough when I used it, but that's been more than 20 years. I think RM does a decent enough job by and large - you can have stuff tracked if you want and print the stamps at home too.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I've tracked stuff from DigiKey and it seemed to go all over the USA before finally landing at East Midlands airport. Then Dartford (local depot), then me.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That was my previous point

but this new one was that I am using the US Shipping arrangement, and they seem to be achieving it for 2 or 3 dollars

tim

Reply to
tim...