Grand Designs: radiant window heating?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

So I've noticed. YAGB - yet another glass box; I haven't bothered watching a few of the last several progs once I saw what was being served up, save popping back into the prog for a look at the halfway or threequarter mark to see if anything interesting had transpired (it hadn't).

Why would an exhibitionist need to?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Shock horror! Exhibitionists want to appear on TV.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, apart from whatever warm air makes it upstairs through the tubular staircase, the heat from downstairs can't benefit the upstairs.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The majority of these designs seem to be built for the views they get - and aren't overlooked. A few have had blinds built in to the windows which aren't obvious when open. Others might be the same.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's true. Everyone is entitled to their 15 minutes of fame but these people want the whole hour. plus follow-up programmes, plus repeats.

;-)

Reply to
Bruce

If you can afford the plot then fine, this week's one was hardly overlooked but there were neighbouring houses in view, such that I'd be a bit bashful wandering out of bed to get to the shower.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You are nuts. They think them through very well and do the calulations to suite.

You are obviously an aficionado of Ned Ludd.

No doubt you have an avocado bathroom suite and carpet on the toilet seat.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel