Good Old Spear & Jackson

It is depressingly common to find a once-trusted brand has changed hands and that the new owners have a rather different approach to product quality and customer service.

So it is really nice when a once-reputable brand proves to be still-reputable: downright kind and generous in this case.

I've got a pair of Spear & Jackson telescopic loppers, but the anvil fell off and was lost in undergrowth.

An email with photo to Neill Tools who make Spear & Jackson (based in Sheffield) brought the promise of a replacement anvil and bolt, without charge. And even better, they lived up to their promise and I now have a working pair of loppers again.

I wonder how many other companies would be as generous?

John Geddes Derbyshire

Reply to
John Geddes