Glue pot - Aldi ?

Just a quickie. Do you think that the chocolate melter in the Aldi specials could be used as a cheap glue pot?

Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick

You Must Be Joking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

cheap glue pot?

I would think the temperatures are around the same region and it would be neat for a workshop if you use a lot of that type of glue. Makes a change from the trad iron pots.

Reply to
EricP

Don't see why not. It's only 60 watts, though, but there's some insulation.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

cheap glue pot?

Are you buying one specially, or borrowing the missus'?

I suggest labelling it prominently "GLUE" in case somebody thinks you're melting Milky Bars.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

cheap glue pot?

Doubt it - the chocolate is only at about 40 deg.

Reply to
Peter Parry

cheap glue pot?

That low! Better connect to the centre and both ends of the element, then!

"My candle burns at both its ends, It will not last the night. But, ah, my foes, and, oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light."

Something like that, anyway. Oh, God! Is that the time? I'd better go to bed.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

cheap glue pot?

Confirmed.

Choc is > 38C

Traditional glue is 60C

Reply to
EricP

If melting point of choc is >38C, why does it melt in my hands?

Reply to
Grumps

Because what you probably think of as chocolate is the British imitation with lots of vegetable fat. Proper chocolate might leave the odd mark on your hand but it doesn't melt - it doesn't have time!

Reply to
Matt

Between 50 and 80, depending on what you're doing with it. I wouldn't like to go back to a single fixed temperature.

(a charity shop slow cooker works)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

cheap glue pot?

Many Thanks for all the reply's I wont be getting one then... Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick