Glue for water pipes?

My plumber put in a joint between two different plastic cold water pipes. (A new section of pipe was needed because I drilled a hole in the pipe.) The new joint works fine when one pipe is pushed into the joint.

I'm wondering if there is some way of fixing it firmly before a carped is put down.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Does the joint leak if it the pipe is not pushed? If so, get your plumber back and ask him to fix it.

Not really.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Wouldn't it work better if both pipes were pushed into the joint, or am I missing something?

But responding to your subject line, plastics currently used for hot and cold water supplies can be joined by push-fit or compression fittings, but are not glue-able. (There were ancient plastic supply pipe systems that were, but they're very infrequently found and no longer used.)

Reply to
YAPH