Glazing Saddles

I've acquired a large two panel DG unit with Pilk K glass which I intend to use as a front piece for a solar panel assembly.

I'm wondering if I should put the coated side to the panel or will it matter for heat efficiency?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Oh! And I thought it was something to do with fraglile riding!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Yes, Low-E works by blocking the re-radiation of the of heat from the hotter glass surface, if the inner surface has become hotter by absorbing the sun's radiation, you want to block that heat coming back out.

In a sunnier clime, Low-E can be put on the outer to reduce re-radiation into the room from the outer hot pane (keeping it cooler) so that is what you don't want.

If you have any doubt, you can tell the Low-E coated side using a pipe finder.

Reply to
fred

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember fred saying something like:

That's what I suspected, thanks.

The stickers are still in place - assuming they're not stuck on wrongly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon