Glass cutting

I've got 5 one gallon demijons. I want to cut the bases off, so the remainder can be used to protect plants this Winter. Is it a straightforward job? TIA.
On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:11:36 PM UTC+1, Bertie Doe wrote:

There are lots of ways to cut glass that often go wrong. Here's one thats consistently clean, & used in industry:
glass tube is cut to length by pass over gas fire jet then over a steel sharp edged wheel, the cold breaks them where the temp shock occurs
NT