Genealogy - again

I asked this here before, so apologies for a re-run of the question.

I am trying to get family tree data into a sensible and easily understood form. I am not really interested in the subject, but would like to get something sensible in one place.

I have tried WikiTree, MyHeritage's Family Tree Builder and Gramps and enrolled on the first two, and entered some data. Then I generated Gedcom files and tried to open them with GedView and separately, Gramps.

This didn't go well, and I ended up with some correct info, but some odd wrong links in both GedView and Gramps. I've also tried some file converters that convert the Gencom text file to csv and html. I could probably get the csv into a spreadsheet given time, but the html output seemed to consist of a bunch of odd files.

The My Heritage thing seems to show only a few people per screen, be fairly awkward to navigate and doesn't, at least in the free version, seem to produce a sensible printout.

What I really need to find is something that will give a concise tree that can be printed out onto a few sheets of A4, with each name on the on-screen tree being clickable to lead to a fact file about that person. ie about the technology level of Usenet.

Does anyone know of such a program?

What has triggered this again is a contact from a distant cousin in the States, who has paper based family trees, has asked if I can send the info I have, and has heard of Gencom files and asked if I could suggest a viewer. She is not on any genealogy sites.

She must be at least as old as me, and uses some sort of Mac. I really only do Windows. I've looked at soc.genealogy.britain, but it didn't seem to be into this sort of question.

Reply to
Bill