GCH problem

I'm having problems with my gas central heating and would appreciate any help.

Here's what happens when i turn my gch on:

  1. The boiler ignites and starts heating the water
  2. The water pump starts
  3. The outflow pipe from the boiler gets very hot
  4. The inflow and outflow pipes to the water pump also get very hot (the pump is brand new and is working fine)
  5. The saftey valve (spring loaded) attached to the outflow from the boiler starts to unscrew.
  6. The boiler turns itself off
  7. None of the radiators get hot

If i'm stupid enough to repeat this 2 or 3 time the saftey valve shoots out and floods my kitchen! Of course i'm not and have not had my kitchen flooded ever!!!

Any suggestions??

Aftab

Reply to
Aftab

Sounds to me as if you have a blockage in your system..

What kind of valves/controls have you on the system? e.g. 3-port valve or two 2-port valves? room and cylinder thermostats?

Reply to
BillR

In message , Aftab writes

Yeah - tell us what kind of boiler it is

Reply to
geoff