Gas Range fitting to supply

Ok, I know you need a gas-safe registered bod to inspect the connection or indeed fit the damn thing, but what is the current legislation suggesting as to fitments. Bayonet connector or hard piped (Hosed) to the supply?

Also is there now a necessity to have a restraint wire fitted in case it tips forward?

The range I will be having is a CDA RC9321 as here...

probably unlikely to fall over etc

Reply to
RCW

It can be fitted with a bayonet hose,(I think it would be difficult to fit with a fixed pipe anyway) and yes, it does need either a stability bracket, or a chain attached between it and the wall.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

"RCW" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

The manufacturers installation instructions are available for download on the same web site you linked to.

The cooker may be fitted to a flexible hose and bayonet fitting if you wish.

The cooker is provided with a stability bracket slot (easy to fit a bracket). You could fit an anti tilt chain instead if desired.

Heliotrope Smith