Gas Cooker connector

My friend wants to remove his gas cooker and thinks the connector is user removable, but I'm not so sure. The brass fitting has a knurned ring that might be finger unscrewable, but I can't see any conspicuous bayonet lugs.

A photo of it can be seen here:

this fitting user removable?

Thanks for any advice.

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

That looks like a regular bayonet to me. If you push the knurled brass part down and twist about a quater turn anti clockwise, it should just pop off and the fitting will seal itself (if it's working properly, of course...)

Reply to
GMM

It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that the hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way as regular bayonet connectors.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't know where they come from.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Didn't the 'old' gas cookers have them on the side so you could connect a gas lighter hose to them?

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

Is it in the BES catalogue?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I don't think so: I can only see standard bayonet, micropoint and 'kwikfit' in their catalogue.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The ones I remember were unique to the cooker, moving the gas lighter wand to the release position turned on the (rate limited) gas supply and zonked a flint mechanism to light the gas.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Thanks for your reply, I tried it at the weekend and it was exactly as you describe.

No problem with sticking valves or leaks.

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R