Gas Cooker connector

My friend wants to remove his gas cooker and thinks the connector is user
removable, but I'm not so sure. The brass fitting has a knurned ring that
might be finger unscrewable, but I can't see any conspicuous bayonet lugs.
A photo of it can be seen here:
formatting link
this fitting user removable?
Thanks for any advice.
Roger R
Reply to
Roger R
That looks like a regular bayonet to me. If you push the knurled brass part down and twist about a quater turn anti clockwise, it should just pop off and the fitting will seal itself (if it's working properly, of course...)
Reply to
It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that the hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way as regular bayonet connectors.
Reply to
Ed Sirett
BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't know where they come from.
Reply to
John Stumbles
Didn't the 'old' gas cookers have them on the side so you could connect a gas lighter hose to them?
Reply to
The ones I remember were unique to the cooker, moving the gas lighter wand to the release position turned on the (rate limited) gas supply and zonked a flint mechanism to light the gas.
Reply to
Derek Geldard
Thanks for your reply, I tried it at the weekend and it was exactly as you describe.
No problem with sticking valves or leaks.
Roger R
Reply to
Roger R

Site Timeline Threads

  • Soooooo since no one is mentioning building something I'll mention the POS I...
  • site's last updated in


HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.