Garden shed over manhole.

Is there any regulation to prevent a garden shed being located over a manhole, providing a hatch is provided in the floor to provide access?

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Regulations alter but when I built a garage (late 60s) over a manhole I had to fit an airtight one to replace the normal loose one. Just common sense really, though we seem to have lost that in our recent rules and regs. :-(

Reply to
Broadback

I have a manhole in the middle of my kitchen floor, there is a hatch in the subfloor and insulation, the topfloor goes over the top.

BCO approved it, it had to be an airtight cover.

Rick

Reply to
Rick