Garden Electrics buried or on the surface?

Sadly I won't be able to DIY this myself. I want to run a power supply to a hot tub (32A) using SWA. does it have to be buried in the ground or is it safe to leave lying on the surface, say, with extra protection such as a steel pipe. The cable/pipe would be running around the perimeter of the garden and be out of site due to plants etc.

Reply to
Rob

Surface laid/mounted SWA is usually OK.

But you do need to consider if the cable could be damaged by garden tools if hidden by plants etc. (I do realise that there is a difference between hidden and out of sight).

I believe this one is down to your own risk assesment.

Reply to
ARWadsworth