Full EV and CHP is here

[Rob}

Far better to rely on Wikipedia than anything Dribble comes up with.

Even after 10 years or so I am still amazed at Dribble's willingness to expose his absolute ignorance of basic science to all and sundry.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

You shouldn't killfile dribble. He gives some of the best 'laughs' of all time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Especially when he claimed to have a science degree...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I rather suspect he meant salt-water. I expect there are significant quantities of Lithium salts in the sea, just as there is Magnesium and Potassium. Whether it is economically extractable....

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Indeed. I said richest and cheapest, not most plentiful.

Seawater has billions of tons of uranium in it, and IIRC other things as well, but at concentrations so low as to make it a very expensive item to extract.

Of more concern is the rare earth supply which is also concentrated in China.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lithium in Dribbles world does come in salt form, its in his medication.

Its also in salt form in batteries.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

MM. the words reserves are in billions of tons. So there is enough for at least a billion electric cars.

And of course if we get fusion reactors working, could probably make the stuff ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bzzt wrong. It's impossible to maintain a static charge across the plates of a capacitor without leading to an inevitable breakdown of the dielectric. The time taken can vary depending on the nature of the dielectric but it does degrade and the capacitor will wear out.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You were still wrong.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That was the science degree of which he was so proud that he refused to identify the class of degree or the university that conferred the degree? Umm and the one for which he couldn't remember the subject, the syllabus, the examination schedule or even a single lecture that he attended?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I suspect he simply didn't understand what he Googled for. Although the richest ores are pegmatites, the majority of available Lithium in thw world is present in salt pans and brines. These salt pans hold Lithium chloride and Potassium chloride in variable ratios tending to be about

40:1 to 100:1 K:Li.

The Bolivian reserves mentioned elsewhere in this thread at Salar de Uyuni are possibly underestimated since the true depth of the salt deposits has not yet been reported.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Typical dribble. Claims something - then later shows he knows nothing of the subject other than from adverts or Googling.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

Christ, not another battery acronym. How to pronounce this one - 'scibit'?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon

You must f**k off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This went to snotty uni. That says it all.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You must f**k off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You must f**k off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This pervo needs tagging.

Reply to