Fuel pump for diesel mower - where to get one?

The fuel pump on our diesel ride-on mower has died. It's a Kubota and I suspect that a Kubota replacement is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Since it's just a simple little pump to circulate fuel to the injectors with the overflow returning to the tank I can't believe it's that critical a component.

Can anyone suggest where I might be able to buy such a thing, 12 volts, inlet and outlet pipes are 8mm flexible tubing.

I've found this one on eBay:-

but I think it may be a little big.

Reply to
cl

Suspect it's gonna need more pressure than 3-6 psi somehow....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

If it's just the fuel lift pump no reason for it to be any different to one for petrol. If it's the injector pump that's a whole different kettle of fish

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I would imagine it's the lift pump, being electric, mind who knows, maybe modern diesel lawnmowers are now high pressure electronic injection, but who wants a mower with an ecu and the need to ensure it only ever gets perfectly clean fuel... no chucking in the crap from the bottom of the cans found at the back of the garage,

Reply to
Gazz

It's just the lift/cicrculation pump, the mower has mechanical injectors.

Reply to
cl

must be dozens of small electric fuel pumps that could be 'adapted'

John deere make diesel lawnmowers..try a local service agent. Or strip it and replace worn bits?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True, but I'd really prefer a new one if I can. As far as I can see 'genuine' replacements for almost any make are very expensive, around £100 which seems ridiculous for such a basically simple device.

However I have found a chinese supplier on AliExpress (where I have an account) who will send me one for $18.99 including postage. That's more like it! The illustration looks near identical with the original.

Reply to
cl