Fridge repair advice

A friend has a Logik model LUL55S10 and the light comes on OK and the motor is warm and makes a little noise but the fridge isn't getting cold, was b rought in 2011 so not exactly old.

I'm guessing it could be the thermostat which seems to be about £10 but c an't find a suitable motor/compressor if needed.

I can pretty easily test a themostat and replace it, but not sure how to 't est' anything else.

So any advice gratefully recieved.

Reply to
whisky-dave

whisky-dave wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Is the noise like a motor running - or is it buzzing like it is stalled? Are the pipes at the back warm? My guess is that it has lost its gas.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Yes. If the compressor is running it will be loss of refrigerant and nothing to do with the thermostat. Changing the compressor would not be economical and it's hardly a DIY job.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Doesn't sound stalled not much sound at all.

They weren't cold I wouldn't say warm.

I'll be checking it out on sunday before the pub rather than after this tim e.

What would cause it to lose gas?, as I don;t think it's been mechanically d amaged.

Reply to
whisky-dave

whisky-dave wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Poor weld on one of the pipe joints? Porous pipe. Leaky compressor. Sod's Law - warranty expired I expect.

The last time I had one re-gassed it cost me about 90. I wish I hadn't bothered.

Reply to
DerbyBorn