Freezer spray near valve

Hi

I've got to do some plumbing work in a pretty cramped space, and I want to use freezer spray to cut the water off (It's difficult to get to the stopcock, as it's under the kitchen floor!).

Anyway, the only place I can freeze the pipe is next to a brass valve with compression fittings (stuck, hence the freezer spray :( ).

Has anyone had any problems doing this, or maybe even freezing the valve itself? I want to cut the pipe near the valve and add a new valve (there's not enough room between the valve and floor to cut it out and add a new valve).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Reply to