Free solar panels, is this a bona fide offer?

they are actually the same thing.

tell that to the Japanese. They import ALL their energy and have done since WWII.

And if you think that solar panels on your roof make a blind bit of difference when 90% of your carbon footprint is NOT domestic electricity consumption, you are even bigger tosser than you usually appear to be.

You mean someone actually employs you? Oh the burger fryers draw a lot I suppose.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well the panels themselves have value - given they are 'kin expensive and there are plenty of times they can be useful for getting power in off grid locations (obviously not with the grid feed inverters).

It would only take a supply of cheap fake panels (or knackered real ones) to make swapping them when no one is looking worthwhile for some toe rag.

Reply to
John Rumm

The hell they are, only a tosser like you could think they are.

You look like the tosser here, you can't even understand what a carbon foot print is or why its irrelevant to what I said.

Reply to
dennis

So were the Fukushima etc reactors just for show, then?

Reply to
geoff

no, but they run on imported uranium.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , harry writes

Harry, if you can't do anything else, please learn to post properly

You have posted your answer BELOW John's sig sep, ands you've included his complete sig (I left it all there to show you

... FFS

Reply to
geoff

Do it in daylight then. Sign written van, logo matching overalls, story for anyone who asks about the panels needing to be "maintained" or "refurbished" due to toxic chemicals leaking due to a manufacture fault or "replaced" as the wrong ones where fitted orginally.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The panels are made where exactly?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

It doesn't matter, its where the fuel comes from that matters. ATM we could lose lots of our energy supplies with little or no notice or maybe just have to pay through the nose. If we have enough alternatives to imported energy we are no longer in that position.

Reply to
dennis

"maintained"

manufacture

Not at all. Having a van that looks the part and a plauseable story should anyone ask is a very common technique used by tea leaves.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't tell me, let me guess; China.

Reply to
Huge

Completely SOP for crims of all kinds; hard hat, fluorescent tabard, clipboard.

Reply to
Huge

...but electricity prices are not index linked. Over the next 25 years they are going to zoom up will ahead of inflation.

not sure how this affects the calculation.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

A little, but not much. If the price were to double, then it could save you a further £70 a year perhaps. Also the FiT is index linked and hence while it will be affected by the rise in energy price, it won't track it exactly. So the money you spend buying electricity will go up faster than that you get for selling it.

Reply to
John Rumm