Foundation of conservatory

Hi

Have seen many pictures and different ways to lay foundations for conservatories....

2 things I have questions over.

  1. Trench for foundations... building single wall ??? .then inside wall on concerete base ! is this the normal thing to do ?? quiet happy to do so if OK !

  2. Insulation: have seen this laid in many different ways. ie sand, DPM, insulation, 2nd dpm, Concrete !! and other ways.

Could some one tell me which is the best method ? I thought of doing mine sand, DPM, concrete, insulation, screed. can I poor the screed straight over the insulation ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.....

Ramrod ... Any pointer where to buy windows from...? S.England.

Reply to
ramrod

ramrod wibbled:

Yes - if you have a look at Celotex's web site, there'll be an application sheet you can download that covers flooring - I saw it a few weeks ago.

65mm sand/cement screed over their flooring grade panels IIRC.

It's what I'm doing for my shower room.

Reply to
Tim S

Lots of useful stuff here :-