foam: how to remove from brickwork

I assumed these post were just attempts to drive traffic over to that silly website.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Just leave it a while. Sunlight makes it go yellow and then crumbly and easy to remove.

Reply to
harry

Do you think 8 years is long enough to leave it, Harry?

Reply to
mick

Whoever put the cladding on our house years ago, sealed it with silicone to the bricks. Every now and again, I give it a little prod, to see if there's any chance of getting it off; but it's still well stuck.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

In direct sunlight it only takes a few months to be totally destroyed. It will go yellow/orange in a matter of days.

Reply to
harry

Way back when, fred was asking about foam, not silicone ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I know. I'm just gassing off about something that I'm going to have to confront soon :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre