Fly tipping

Unlikely. If that's their attitude they prolly wouldn't get the contract.

No one forces them to bid.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Maybe they figured that people would have the sense to put a dust sheet in the back of their car, so they can carry - as I have in recent weeks

- amounts of plasterboard off-cuts to the tip without messing their car up at all.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The long winter evening's must just fly by with you about.

(FWIW, it started off as "council's chosen subcontractors" and then got edited. The transient nature of unimportant conversations like these and the twatish nature of replies such as your's start making me think GBS had a point.)

Reply to
Scott M

Oh well done. Ten points to you.

Reply to
Tim Streater

But not NI after state pension age.

Then they get the NHS free for 30+ years and place the most demands on it.

Reply to
Andrew

Carnival, a huge American cruise ship company, was fined for deliberately discharging effluent at sea by fitting its ships with special pipework that evaded inspection.

Only when a whistle-blower spoke up did people realise the extent of their deceit.

Reply to
Andrew

Same here. Has been the normal practise for years.

A combination of aggregate tax and landfill tax makes it economically worhtwhile to do this, else it would still go into landfill.

Reply to
Andrew

But plasterboard needs to be kept out of landfill.

Reply to
Andrew

Which point? He had many. The one about beating children, perhaps.

Reply to
Max Demian

Does anyone pay pension contributions after they start drawing that pension? Pay for out of work benefits when no longer working or able to claim them?

You think the NHS paid for entirely by NI?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The one about apostrophe's.

Reply to
Scott M

Not for much longer I expect, they've just announced a 4-week consultation period regarding fortnightly collections, can only see one outcome from that ... so I've asked them to swap my 140l recycling bin for a 240l one (the small one is close to full most weeks) for me the refuse bin will be OK most fortnights I guess.

Reply to
Andy Burns

we get fortnightly collections of rubbish and recyclables. So the result is one collection a week.

Reply to
charles