flush fitting 13A sockets onto bare brickwork.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:14:40 GMT, Mike Harrison mused:

bolster chisel.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Mike Harrison wrote

the double box sinker shows it having problems even with breeze blocks.

Reply to
Alan

I have emailed the guy, and asked about housebrick, and if it eats them....

I should have mentioned, I already have the wiring between the cavity inhand, I routed it yesterday from inside the house, though a redundant airbrick, into the conservatory cavity checked it for length, coiled it back up (as my wall is only at DPC), and will lay it back out when at socket level (so the wall ties don't interfere with pulling the cable to the right level).

Indicently, found a nice money saver for extending the airbricks (having a solid base, and needed to extend the airbricks out to the front of the conservatory). I used UPVC drainpipe, nice and inexpensive for a 5m length (£7). Knocked out the old airbricks on the house that will be below concrete floor level, shoved the pipe in, and out the front through the cavity at the front of the conservatory right infront of the new airbricks, and then cemented around them, so concrete does not get in when poured. Chucked crush and run over the lot, and ready to fill the lot with concrete.

Reply to
Mark Gillespie

What would be the point of building the wall first (with the cables in the cavity) and then cutting the box in and then trying to fish the cables through the back of the brick afterwards?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

The ebay page says you could use it at your own risk with brick as the tool could fracture.

Reply to
Alan