Flourescent diagram

I have an electronic ballast which does not have a starter. what I need is a wiring diagram. The ballast has two connectors . I need to wire it to a linear flourescent lamp with two pins at each end. TIA.

Reply to
timneeds

Not enough detail to answer question. What rating is the ballast and tube? Can you take a detailed picture of the ballast and put it on a website somewhere? (Or say what the make/model number is) What country is this ballast from or designed to run in? (some types of control gear and matching tubes exist in some countries but not others).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It is in the UK. It is a new Tridonic Atco EC 16 A27 240V 50HZ ballast. 16 watt to power a 16 watt straight flourescent lamp with two pins at each end.

Reply to
timneeds

It's a regular switch-start ballast (not electronic). It will need a starter. Circuit is normally printed in the ballast, but here's one:

's a rather low efficiency ballast, which has been illegal to import or manufacture in the EU since 2005.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Is this the electronic ballast? Tridonic Atco EC18 LC502K. tia

Reply to
timneeds

No, it's also a switchstart ballast

's more efficient (EEI = B2) than your earlier one, but it's for different tubes.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

What I need is one to run a linear two pins each end15v lamp. approx 18inches long. I also need one to run a pls lamp of 9v. I wonder if you could guide me . Thanks.

Reply to
timneeds

OK, that's one of the old tube sizes, and becoming rare because it's not an energy saving tube, and has no energy saving replacement. It may become impossible to obtain in a few years. Does it have to be this exact tube? Could you use a 22" tube?

Do you specifically want electronic? (Why?) What is the application which is using the lamps?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
timneeds

Any basic recipe book will have it.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

What is a flourescent? do you make cakes with it?

Reply to
F Murtz

Yeah - very light ones

Reply to