Floor leveling for idiots?

Hi,

I have a slightly sloping area approx 1.5 by 1.5 M (my entrance hall) to level or approximately level.

I recently tried to level my dining room but it went badly. :(

Using B and Q level onto bare concrete last time the level seemed to stay where it was put. I followed the minimal instructions given on the bag but it didn't work. I suspect that I should have taken the option of PVA'ing the floor not just wetting it.

I think that I wont get the hallway completely level as there seems to be an incline of more than the recommended 5mm at one end. I am happy to make up the difference in Adhesive as I tile.

How should I prepare the floor and apply the levelling compound? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

anon

Self levelling compound is misnamed. It requires you to do the actual leveling yourself. Any actual self levelling is that it smooths itself off. Don't expect to dump a load in one corner and have it spread out as if it is water.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If your entrance hall is 1.5 x 1.5m and is only slightly sloping, why worry about it. As long as the floor is not uneven in various spots just clean it well, apply pva solution, allow to dry and tile as normal.

I would concur with the views regarding properties of self levelling cement in previous post.

KG

Reply to
keng