Flexible Tap Connectors - Good or Bad?

It works, but looks tat. Ok for under floorboards, I suppose. But for the plumbing inside the cupboard under the sink that you actually have to see now and again, no thanks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I actually do that as well. I also always engage the uphill low gear for maximum braking and for the minimum chance that the engine will fire because of a latent fault and drive the vehicle downhill.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Maybe not, but it is still sound advice in any parking situation.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

And I though I was sad ;-)

If you could actually _see_ to the back of the cupboard under the sink of most folks' I've visited you'd see an unsightly tangle of copper pipe bent all over the place with solder runs and verdigris all over them. I personally think gracefuly curving plastic looks better.

(Mind you I do take secret delight in a well-done bit of nicely bent & cleanly soldered copper pipework when I see it - all the more so when it's me who's done it :-)

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+ Cannibalize Legalists

Reply to
John Stumbles

I can be sad for Britain. ;-)

I agree. But I don't have to look at others work - only my own. And I keep the washing powder and spare washing up liguid under my sink so I see the pipes at least a couple of times a week.

With all the sags between the clips? ;-)

Yup. I had a pro mate help me (or rather the other way round) putting in the central heating when I first bought this place, and he was an absolute artist with pipework - the stuff round the cylinder, pump and flow share is a delight to see. So I had to do the same to all the rads and then subsequently the new bathroom kitchen shower room etc.

I also once worked with a chippie with even higher standards. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, I can't get even get close.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

[snip]

You want sad?

I Brasso'd my nice new pipework in the airing cupboard. Admittedly whilst waiting to see if those slopes and rather tasteful 45-degree angles in the pipework would avoid airlocks in the gravity feed to the h/w tank.

The really sad part is that it was just before lagging all but one of the pipes anyway (the 'cool' return to the boiler was left unlagged to assist the gravity flow).

Reply to
Tony Williams

I know what you mean.

Reply to