Flat Scrap

I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that could be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base units, garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie bin

Reply to
John

Too true. I got most of a 3-seater, fully upholstered, settee in a bin - kept quite a bit of the wooden frame as it was a Parker Knoll made about 40 years ago.

Reply to
PeterC

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants it - it's surprising how often someone does. It's a kind of informal recycling scheme.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local council to organise collection.

*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within half a day, often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey mob. NW Kent, slightly rural.

...only to get discarded again at a nearby beauty-spot!

Reply to
John

Yup. Dishwasher lasted about 8 hours overnight & we live in a cul-de-sac! They must have radar.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The local scrappy for beer vouchers more likely.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They're not being paid to take it away, so why would they bother just to dump it? What's in it for them?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

They can't have radar FFS!...........The dish would be nicked by their

*mates*

;-)

As others have said someone will be along to take it .Alternative is to list it on Freecycle or as a "freebie" on Gumtree. I listed two rads the other day on Gumtree and got rid of them next day with two others who asked but were too late to get them . There is very little you cannot find a home for .

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B