Fixing two metal plates together

I've built a Yardmaster shed in a space surrounded on two sides by a fence and another shed (Two Sheds!). Unfortunately most of one end and most of one side of the shed are inaccessible to screw the roof to the tops of the panels as they're supposed to be self-tapper-ed from the outside. It wasn't possible to secure the sides to the roof as I was putting the sides together as the roof wasn't there at the time :)

Any ideas what I could use to secure the panels from the inside? I could conceivably make the holes bigger - the holes on the inside (on the roof) are around 3-4mm at the moment, and slightly bigger on the panels outside. Cavity fixings? I don't want to pop rivet them in case I want to take it apart again.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Got any relatively light children? :)

IMO, pop-rivets are the right solution if you have them.

If you feel you must make it easy to dissasemble, sellotape a drillbit of the appropriate diameter next to them.

If you dissasemble, you might try epoxying over the hole a stainless steel nut. Then you fit them together, squeeze a bit of silicone sealant into the hole, put a stainless siliconed bolt in, and you're done.

(the silicone is only to prevent leakage through the thread, it could be omitted)

Reply to
Ian Stirling