Fixing soft plastic lenses

I need reading glasses (+1.50) for close-up work and that's particularly inconvenient when skiing: gloves off, goggles off, glasses on, read the map, glasses off, goggles on, gloves on, realise I've forgotten what I've just read...

So I bought some "removable magnification lenses". They're D-shaped bits of soft plastic that stick onto the lower half of the lenses in ordinary glasses, to turn them into bifocals, sort of. I gather they're quite popular for diving masks, so that people can read their air gauges.

Generally speaking I'm very pleased with the result but the lenses do have a tendency to come unstuck. They're not really stuck on at all: you're supposed to wet them, press them onto the glass, and then let them dry out, so that they're kept in place by air pressure. This seems a bit optimistic, especially as skiing goggles are actually made of soft plastic, not glass.

So I'm looking for a better way to attach them - perhaps some sort of adhesive (I don't know which sort) applied very sparingly at the corners. Or transparent sticky tape? Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I'd glue them permanently to a set of goggles. Canada balsam, blonde shellac, but superglue (done carefully) is probably fine.

Experimentation beforehand would be wise.

Reply to
Andy Dingley