Fixing crack in central heating oil tank.

Being double skinned the inner tank is screened from direct sunlight anyway.

Reply to
alan_m

I'll bet that practically no-one does anything to their oil tank after being installed. If the manufactures recommended any treatments for plastic tanks I'm sure that the majority of installations, especially in the past decade, would be so treated by the installers.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes. My instinct is that by the time the inner tank is actually ready to leak the outer bunding tank will have already crumbled to dust.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Kind of irrelevant as only the outer skin can be inspected and ?fitness for use? will be judged on that by companies filling your tank.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+