fitting combi boiler to celcon block wall

I am still scared silly of these blocks. My new kitchen will have to have a combi boiler fixed to these, plus lots of heavy units full of plates etc. The boiler will be fixed by a plumber gas man perhaps. Any advise about fixing very heavy items ? Any reports of accidents due to things falling off celcon walls ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just use normal fixings. I always fix cabinets onto batterns, which I very carefully level and strighten using packers if needed.

I suggest you go and buy two blocks, and fix some stuff into them, and try to pull them out. This is goona cost you a fiver tops, and you may learn something.

I have "experimented" like this on all sorts of stuff.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Don't be. It is an irrational phobic fear.

Use rawlbolts. I particularly like the type that you can put the cabinets on the wall, and adjust them with those adjustable top mountings. Then, you use the type of rawlbolt that just requires a 10mm hole through the wooden (not hardboard) part of the cabinet, then a 10mm hole into the wall. No need to remove or move the cabinet at any stage. You then just hammer in the rawlbolt and give it a final twist with a screwdriver. No constant removing the unit, marking and drilling holes, just to find it is 3mm out.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle