fitting a new kitchen

Some are, some less so.

You don't have to take the appliances with the kitchen.

The main problem is identifying the manufacturer.

We provided the sink, hob, fridge/freezer.

Bosch built in microwave from Howdens.

Dish washer, fan oven and washing machine all Lafuma (Howdens own brand). We shall see how they perform.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote: [snip]

They have the brass balls to call their appliances "The Smoking"? Is that an indication of their likely fate?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You got there ahead of me!

Reply to
Huge

Sorry, after you.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We had an IKEA one, with most of our heavy saucepans on it. It bent. We replaced it with a Hafele one, which has been fine.

Our wall cupboards are IKEA fronts, with IKEA glass shelves (for bathroom cabinets), and home made carcasses. SWMBO didn't want wall cupboards that are too deep - they are a couple of tins deep, and you can see everything in them.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

absolutely. Cleaning is impeded as water at the corners causes the core to = swell

Wood is refinishable

underneath perhaps, not to the side

electronics

nonsense. There are usually much higher design priorities

quite :) Even when you do, there's no advantage in not having it 5' away.

A simple effective option is to put a cabinet or the oven & hob at 45 degre= es in the corner. For the cabinet there's no need to buy a carcass, simply = cut & fit shelves plus a door. No matter what you do you're going to either= have the least accessible space there or lose some storage space.

NT

Reply to
meow2222