Fitting a bath

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

*hard*.

Probably depends on where and how you hit it. The flat face of a hammer spreads the load, concentrate the impact with a cold chisel and things *might* be different.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

14lb sledgehammer in my case. And I still managed to scare the deaf lady that lived next door with the noise.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Maybe an urban myth, but there's a story of a man catching his dangly bits when a plastic bath split.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Possibly, like loft tanks, before all the walls/ceilings were in place

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes - much fun, providing you don't forget the ear defenders!!! It's the first time I appreciated the difference between protective goggles and a full face mask since the enamel chips go a long way and are sharp.

Reply to
John Weston

You're doing it wrong ;-)

SWMBO and I got one downstairs no problem and the scrappy then lifted it single handed on to his pickup.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Think of it as practice, all working up to the first time you hit it

*properly*.
Reply to
Ian White

Thin steel one then, not a genuine cast iron one.

Reply to
<me9

Must have been. I couldn't pick up the cast one I took out, and I'm 6'3" and 17st, so not exactly a shrinking violet.

Reply to
Huge

That was pressed steel - they weigh about a tenth of a cast iron one. With the shape it is, I doubt a world-class weightlifter could pick one up high enough to get it onto a truck

Reply to
Phil L

Don't bother. Fit a shower and use the extra space for something else. Who in the civilized world uses a bath these days?

Roger Dewhurst

Fish pond?

Roger Dewhurst

Roger Dewhurst wibbled on Tuesday 08 December 2009 23:52

Everyone with small children....

Ever tried to shower a baby?

Reply to
Tim W

I have no sympathy whatever for anyone who has small children. Condoms are cheap enough.

Roger Dewhurst

Roger Dewhurst wibbled on Wednesday 09 December 2009 03:21

Have you told your mother?

Reply to
Tim W

If they can stand they can be washed in a shower. If they cannot stand just wash them in the laundry sink. Many new houses in Australia and New Zealand do not have baths; showers only. Baths are pretty unhygenic.

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

I do.

If I tried to twiddle the shower valve with my toes I'd do myself an injury.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Roger Dewhurst wibbled on Wednesday 09 December 2009 21:55

Do you even have kids Roger?

If you tried to shower mine, you would be rewarded with much screaming.

Children under a certain age don't generally like showers due to the splashing to the face.

Tosh. There is the argument that with a shower, you are cleansing yourself in constantly clean water, but it would be a fallacy to claim that bathing is thus "unhygenic".

Reply to
Tim W

Lack of discipline?

There are many things in life that we do not like. If you cannot train your brats to accept that their faces get splashed how the hell are you going to train them to deal with bigger issues?

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst