Fishtank air pump fuse question

Hi. I've bought a fishtank pump for our little tank and 2 g/fish. The plug for this pump is fitted with a 15 amp fuse. The cable wasn't long enough so I've added a few feet using an old table lamp switch. The pump consumes 2.6W and I'm using the original plug. Is the light switch ok to use with a 15 amp 'circuit' ?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
artbag10

Its not a problem, the electrics will only pass 2.6w, but would be better practice to use a 2A or 3A fuse.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Are you _sure_ it's 15 amp? Not 1.5 amps? Even 13 would be more likely.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

its a shark tank the size of 5 olympic swimming pools?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are you sure this (new?) pump was fitted with a 13A fuse? Table lamp cable or not, I suggest you use a 1A, 2A or 3A fuse.

Boiled fish isn't nice.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright