Filling in the Garden Pond

I'm going to fill in my 3,000 gl pond. I wondered if anyone has got any tips for this. I'm going to be renting my house out shortly and don't want any potential tennants being put off by the pond. Plus it's a lot of effort feeding fish, cleaning filter, cutting back plants etc etc I'd like a solution that is cheap and might one day be reversible.

At the moment I've thinking to keep the pond liner, get some non rottable plastic bags, and fill these with sand bought in bulk from local building merchants. Put these in the empty pond and top if off with topsoil for a plant bed, not sure if it would be a dry bed or a bog garden.

Any other ideas or tips? Thanks

Reply to
JP

Bill

Why not just fix a stout wire grid over the pond to make if safe, take otu the pump, and leave the tenants with a box of fish food? My pond doesn't have a pump, and I found fish in there with the pond having been neglected by the previous owners of the house who had been thre two years.

(If you're nr Essex and looking to re-home some fish, get in touch)

Reply to
Mark Watson

Thanks to all for their help.

Reply to