Filling holes in a concrete house floor

I have taken possession of a new build flat and the concrete floor has a number of imperfections such as small holes and before laying vinyl I wanted to make it smooth. I don't want to use cement, is there a material which can be easily applied to do the job? No use asking the builder as he has vanished and we believe is going bankrupt Blair

Reply to
Blair

Self leveller with added latex

Reply to
Dave Jones

First, how bad is the floor? If they are small bubbles, then some underlay will be enough.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Use a flexible floor tile cement. Job done.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Thanks to you and Dave for you suggestions. Will check on availability at Wikes Blair

Reply to
Blair

Could I ask why? Presumably you know you can by small bags of ready mixed for this sort of repair - you simply add water.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Anything suitable will be some mixture of cement and sand, whether self levelling compound, tile adhesive, or, mortar. Why the cement issue? Do you have some sort of sensitivity to it?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

No but I did not realise that you can get small quantities of cement. I am going to Wickes tomorrow Thanks Blair

Reply to
Blair

Dunno if they sell it, but B&Q do. Or funnily, an electrical wholesaler.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

While concrete may well do the job, if you have shallow areas you want to fill you'll find a flexible tile adhesive will bond and feather off better. If you have deepish holes in an otherwise level floor then concrete is fine.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Thanks for your helpful suggestion Blair

Reply to
Blair