Fence ownership

Our deeds mark our left hand fence as being ours, and the (wooden) fence posts are on their side. That way I can replace fence panels from my side.

Reply to
Jethro

So the posts are on your neighbours' property?

Reply to
adder1969

Yes. But the *fence* (which is about 40mm wide at the top) runs dead central from the edge of our building (i.e 20mm into our and 20mm into theirs) along the garden.

When they need replacing I'll unscrew the fence panels (what's left of them :-( ) and do the work from my side.

Reply to
Jethro

On the contrary - unfortunately like many conventions however there're more than one! ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I always thought that the side the fence posts were on indentified the owner...

Reply to
Hooch