Fat32 partition size limit (OT in uk.d-i-y)

That's what I assumed, but found it not so. File permissions can be a real pita, and arent always very useful. FAT32 really does wipe the problem out.

NTFS was promoted as being more reliable in the event of fs errors. The reasons why may have sounded convincing, but IME I've found FAT32 and NTFS have both had much the same tendency to failure, I dont see that supposed upside flying in practice.

FAT32 has limits on partition size, filesize and files per folder, but is still workable - but not always. Its close to EOL in those respects for large HDDs.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

pita, and arent always very useful. FAT32 really does wipe the problem out.

No it doesn't. It solves the problem in the same way that having a baulky front door lock is solved by removing your front door.

Reply to
Huge

Android only recognises external SD cards formatted with FAT32, so more than a few people.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Removing a front door is a major security problem, open file permissions with a relatively secure OS is a minor one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It's Rod; he's never right.