Fastening micro-conduit to the wall

Any suggestions as to how to fasten mini-conduit to the walls of my coats cupboard?

Reply to
Huge

Contact adhesive

Reply to
Graham.

Hot glue

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Funny enough I'm also fastening mini-conduit/trunking to the wall of my coat cupboard, and used hot glue.

Apply the glue to the wall, not the conduit. It cools a bit too quickly quickly on the conduit, which caused a mess as I had to redo that one.

For the deluxe method method of mounting, route out a trough channel that will take the mini-conduct inside a strip of soft wood.

For us this affords some bump protection where in a cupboard we've stored a Henry Vacuum cleaner. But I've also noticed placing 5 of these assembled strips side-by-side vertically makes a nice decorative feature on the wall, useful for routing cables down from a flat panel TV, and a cinch to change.

Coat cupboards, the in place to be ;-)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Some comes with an adhesive backing already attached.

Peel off of protective film and push firmly in place. Clean surface thoroughly first with something like IPA if the material isn't affected by it. You only really get one chance of positioning it, doesn't stick much if you have move and try again.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I did this with the smallest screwfix trunking. It's been up for over a year holding up to 3 lightweight surround sound speaker cable pairs. (I'd use something larger for mains wiring.)

I didn't do this. The trunking is stuck to emulsioned plasterboard, in reasonable condition. I vacuumed off any loose dust.

Reply to
Graham Nye

But, OP was asking abouy conduit.

Reply to
charles

Oval conduit should be able to use double-sided tape or glue. Round conduit will need to use conduit saddles to fasten it (or perhaps a steady hand with a hot-melt glue gun).

Using mini-trunking (i.e. with a clip-on/over lid) will save having to thread cable through, if that's an issue (e.g. not a straight run of conduit).

Reply to
Graham Nye
[20 lines snipped]

Which is what I meant.

Reply to
Huge

Although I normally use self adhesive and find that works, I have occasionally used a few small screws (typically 4 x 3/4 inch) when fastening to a slightly curved surface. That still leaves room in the small square type (not the very shallow one) for one run of 2.5 t&e or two of 1.5 t&e.

Reply to
newshound

Drill and screw it?

Reply to