FAQ: Want to ask a DIY question? Here's how. (V.16)

a) I didn't say that;

b) Why don't you want a charter for uk.d-i-y?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

That's OK. Here it is again, for you:

Relevant commercial advertising IS acceptable in uk.d-i-y. Your advertisements should have subjects of the form "AD: Advertisement Title", and not be posted more often than once a month. Unsolicited but relevant advertising is not considered abuse.

For information on real DIY matters, see

Chris Bacon

These complaints are nearly as bad as all the wibble that's posted, aren't they!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

A charter is a genuine basis for complaint - a FAQ isn't. Anyone may write a FAQ.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Are you being unreasonable? ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

"Read the charter for uk.d-i-y." was your justification for your continued lie that advertising is on-topic. So try again you lame arse.

Why don't you have a brain?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Lack of a charter does not make advertising on-topic.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You've still made no answer. Did you make a mistake when you said you didn't want a charter?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

No! ;-)

Reply to
Chris Bacon

|Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On 21 Jun 2006 15:22:09 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote: |> |C. Bacon is not a "sock puppet". You refer to a different usage to mine. |> |I do not "pretend to be" anyone else. |> |> Now I wonder what *that* means? |> Real politicians answer is that lots of words without meaning. | |I know you know, but:

I do not know that.

Your puppet master says: |the person who is C. Bacon does not post |under any other identity than that of C. Bacon.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

So what name /email address did you post under before March 2005?

David

Reply to
Lobster

You appear to be unable to answer a simple question yourself:

"Read the charter for uk.d-i-y." was your justification for your continued lie that advertising is on-topic. So try again you lame arse.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The fact that it doesn't exist was the whole point. Quite easy to grasp, I thought. If you can't see that point, well I can't help you.

*Relevant advertising*, to correct your (perhaps deliberate) omission *is* on-topic, see the FAQ:

"Relevant commercial advertising IS acceptable in uk.d-i-y. Your advertisements should have subjects of the form "AD: Advertisement Title", and not be posted more often than once a month. Unsolicited but relevant advertising is not considered abuse."

If you can't do better than your previous efforts - and in that case I think your comments reflect badly on you - you're not making any worthwhile contribution.

So: I've explained, now will you answer the question: Why don't you want a charter for uk.d-i-y?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

And I can't help your stupidity, you cannot cite a non-existent charter as support for your claim that commercial advertising is acceptable.

That's not "the FAQ" that's some crazp that you wrote that has no support.

You think that what you post is "worthwhile"? Time for you to join the other netloons.

None of your business.

Reply to
Steve Firth

| |> So: I've explained, now will you answer the question: Why don't you |> want a charter for uk.d-i-y? | |None of your business.

But it is the business of all persons who subscribe to uk.d-i-y.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:29:26 +0100, Chris Bacon wrote (in article ):

It's behind you.......

Reply to
Andy Hall

No it's not, what a ridiculous statement. I don't want a charter, my reasons for not wanting a charter are none of your business. Just as the reasons why you support a war mongering moron who sucks up to another war mongering moron are none of my business. It's even more than you need to know to know, knowing which way I shall vote if push comes to shove.

Reply to
Steve Firth

|On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:26:10 +0100, Dave Fawthrop wrote: | |> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:20:47 +0100, Steve Firth |> wrote: |> |> |>| |>|> So: I've explained, now will you answer the question: Why don't you |>|> want a charter for uk.d-i-y? |>| |>|None of your business. |> |> But it is the business of all persons who subscribe to uk.d-i-y. | |No it's not, what a ridiculous statement. I don't want a charter, my |reasons for not wanting a charter are none of your business. Just as the |reasons why you support a war mongering moron who sucks up to another war |mongering moron are none of my business.

If losing the argument use ad hominem attacks. :-(

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop